Cleaning really does matter
Five top rules for cleaning and sanitising:
- Cleaners are not sanitisers and sanitisers are not cleaners.
- You can only sanitise clean equipment.
- Sanitising is the final proceedure after cleaning and prior to brewing.
- Cleaning and sanitising can be improved by time and temperature i.e. allowing longer contact time and increasing temperature will improve results.
- Do not over-use chemicals, more is not better. Follow the instructions and never add water to chemicals, blend the chemical into water.